Within Curriculum for Excellence literacy is defined as:
‘…the set of skills which allows an individual to engage fully in society and in learning, through the different forms of language, and the range of texts, which society values and finds useful.’
At Kinnaird Primary School we are committed to improving outcomes for all children. Central to this is laying strong literacy foundations. Active Literacy...
- Aims to raise attainment while supporting integrated literacy.
- Builds on and maintains the active and independent learning.
- Is active learning and the independent development of skills to ensure that children have literacy capability, confidence and competence.
- Supports development of ideas, skills and ways of thinking.
- Involves pupils taking part are encouraged to learn through group work and greater classroom interaction.